The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.
Global Paradigm International School library and media center is a place for learning and thinking through inquiry. Located on the third floor, the library is a sunny and warm atmosphere that offers students and teachers a quiet place to read, study, research and do their projects. Fully-equipped computers are available for student use.
The goal of the school library program is to support the school mission and to help in the continuous improvement of the school. It also plays a central role in the implementation of the IB Diploma Programme.
KG to Grade 5 students visit the library once a week where they are taught library skills, check out books and do occasional activities. In addition Middle and High school students receive library lessons which include plagiarism, citation, and research techniques. They also get hands-on guidance in the use of valuable reference resources such as Britannica and other online research tools.
Today a Reader… Tomorrow a Leader
Global Paradigm International School Library offers
Follett Destiny Library Manager:
*6000 books and resources as hard copies in ratio with the number of students and more than 250 eBooks.
*Follett Destiny Library Manager, an automated system in which students and teachers can access the library collection and online database with single search functionality via the internet anytime, anywhere and on any device.
* Workshops for teachers and students on how to access the online catalog and eBooks.
*Users can access the library collection and online databases with single search via the internet anytime, anywhere.
- View a complete list of search result- at once-instead of one- by-one.
- Maximize library resources by taking full advantage of library offers.
- Complete quality comprehensive searches quickly and easily.
- Enjoy 24/7 resource access from anywhere.
- Spend less time searching, with maximum results.
- Delivers a credible, grade appropriate search tool for the students and teachers.
- It takes away some of the stress of research.
- Instead of spending time scouring the internet to find reliable information, students can turn to WebPath Express for reliable sources.
An eBook platform that allows students and teachers to read and check out eBooks online using a username and password.
Participating bookstores and publishers:
Baker International Book Club
During the school year BAker Book Club offers threee issues of catalogs with the best children's books, most of them newly published.
Benefits for parents and students:
- We save [arents' time by offering only the best books from thousands published.
- It helps children become enthusiastic about books and reading.
- Well-balanced selections mean every child can find a book that will interest them.
- Newly published and topical titles are instantly available
The Most Acclaimed Information Resource with Editorial Quality Trusted Worldwide!
Three unique interfaces to thousands of curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, editor-recommended websites, and three separate databases make Britannica School the go-to site for research for students at all levels.
- Built-in differentiation changes reading levels (Elementary, Middle, or High) with one simple click.
- A responsive design provides access to all content from any device.
- Easy-to-analyze reports indicate usage over time.
- Britannica Image Quest offers a streamlined ability to explore millions of images.
Access millions of images, from more than 50 of the world’s best and most respected image libraries- all from one safe site.
Create tables and charts comparing countries across multiple statistical categories, or focus on statistics for a single country. View Ranked Statistics, featuring tables of countries with the highest or lowest totals, rates, or percentages in several statistical categories, as well as tables covering the most remarkable features and attributes of different countries and the world.
Newspapers and subscriptions to the most popular periodicals, daily and weekly like Reader Digest, National Geographic, Fox and Al-Ahram.
Turnitin is the leading originality checking and plagiarism prevention service used by millions of students and faculty, and thousands of institutions worldwide. Turnitin encourages best practices for using and citing other people’s written material. The service offers a complete web-based service to manage the process of submitting and tracking papers electronically, providing better—and faster—feedback to students.
The MyOn reader program is an electronic library that allows students to choose their own reading based on their reading level and interest. It is designed to provide a student-centered, personalized literacy environment that offers unlimited access to thousands of enhanced digital books, dynamically matched to each individual learner’s interests and Lexile®* reading level, along with a suite of literacy tools that foster engagement and achievement. The program tracks students' reading habits and level of reading, so teachers can determine students' progress. Our research-based approach confirms that children learn best when they can exercise choice with the appropriate guidance, monitor their own progress and take ownership of their learning.
Project Gutenberg is website that provides access to over 54,000 free ebooks. Books are available to read online or download in a number of languages including English, French, German, Italian and more. The website also gives access to a number of audio books.