Greetings from Salma Tarek, School Counselor & CAS coordinator
Greetings, from Global Paradigm International School! Our counseling program at GPIS adheres to the ethos of No Child Left Behind and aims at reaching this by collaborating and cooperating with all stakeholders.
Global Paradigm International School Mission Statement:
The counselor at GPIS advocates for all students to ensure they receive the necessary social and emotional support to recognize and unlock their potential. The counseling program at GPIS promotes learning and provides a developmentally appropriate and accessible program for all members of the GPIS community. The counseling program is dedicated to the ethos of GPIS in which students are empowered to be caring, open-minded, respectful and responsible individuals living successfully in a global community.
The Global Paradigm International School Counseling Program:
- Supports the personal, social, and academic success of all students through school guidance curriculum, individual planning, responsive services and system support.
- Encompasses and supports the GPIS mission, philosophy and beliefs.
- Follows the American Counseling Association code of ethics
The Global Paradigm International School believe that all students:
- Deserve a safe and nurturing learning environment with caring and proactive adult advocates.
- Have unique ways of learning and should be supported in achieving their full academic and personal potential.
- Benefit from a comprehensive PK-12 counseling program that is closely linked to student learning.
The Global Paradigm International School Program Philosophy:
- Counselors collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and community members as part of a support team that optimizes student achievement.
- Creates and maintains a sense of awareness through the provision of an increased opportunity for collaboration and participation of community members with the school program.
- Creates community awareness and visibility of the school counseling program.
- Connects the community to the needs of the school and the school to the needs of the community
- Counselors maintain an ongoing commitment to professional growth by staying current in best practices and participating in program review and implementation.
Counselors at GPIS abide by the terms set by the American Counseling Association (ACA):
- Professional counseling is a therapeutic relationship that empowers diverse individuals, families, and groups to accomplish mental health, wellness, education, and career goals.
- Professional counselors abide by ACA’s Code of Ethics.
- Professional counselors can diagnose and/or treat mental health disorders.
- Counselors do not prescribe medications.
- Help for Parents of Troubled Teens: Dealing with Anger, Violence...
- CDC - Parent Information - Teens (Ages 12-19) - Risk Behaviors
- www.cdc.gov › Parent Information › Teens (Ages 12-19)
- 5 Things Not To Do As A Parent - Disrespectful Child or Teen
- www.empoweringparents.com › Ages & Stages › Adolescent & Teen Behavior
- Problem-solving with teenagers | Raising Children Network
- raisingchildren.net.au › Teens /
- ADHD / ADD Treatments: Medication Types, Side Effects, Therapy and ...
- www.webmd.com › ADHD › Guide
- ADD / ADHD Treatment in Children: Finding ... - HelpGuide.org
- ADHD - What is it and what's the difference with ADD?